Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

We had seen the fertility doctor. I had changed my eating habits completely giving up almost all carbs and sugar. I worked out non stop and took my prenatal vitamins, really, I had done everything the doctor had ordered. It had been a long few years hoping and praying to become parents. The two week wait was unbearable. I kept trying to prepare myself for another let down but every time I had a negative thought I was overcome with an overwhelming sense of peace. Heavenly Father wanted us to be parents. It was 2am on fast Sunday and I woke up from a dream. In this dream I took a pregnancy test and got an instant positive. I was so happy with my dream that I quickly fell back asleep. Then I awoke again at 3am from the same dream, another positive test! I wasn't supposed to test until Tuesday so I went back to sleep. I awoke a third time from the same dream at 7am and could not take it anymore. As I anxiously awaited the results of the test I prepared myself for the worst and again was overcome with a feeling of peace. I took a deep breath lifted the test and opened my eyes. I could barely see the filled with tears so fast. I immediately call Aunt Meredith to ask her if I was crazy or if I really did see those two lines. After I got off the phone I went in and knelt down by Ethan's side of the bed. I woke him with tears in my eyes.
Ethan "oh no you didn't take a test did you?? It's ok we still have too days it can be too early its ok its ok don't cry"
Me "How would you like to be a daddy?"
Ethan "Are you serious! Oh honey!"

The moment we had waited for had happened. Two little lines confirmed that our dreams had come true we were going to be parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment